To keep your assignments organized, you can create categories.
Please contact your Department Head for help for Infinite Campus. They may be able to share specific details for your class. Computer Techs are unable to answer specific questions aside from what you see in this tutorial.
1. Grade Book >> Settings >> Categories
2. Choose Section
You can choose to create a category for ALL your periods, or an individual one. If you want to make categories for multiple, but not all sections, click on All. You will find out why in a future step.
3. Click on Add
After selecting your section, or all sections, click on the Add button in the lower right corner.
4. Name and Select
- Name your category and select the sections that need it.
- Add a weight percentage as needed. If set to 0, assignments in the category may not calculate correctly towards a student's grade.
- Sequence: If you want to have multiple categories, you may assign a sequence number to it. The smaller the number, the higher up you will see it in your list. If you choose 0, categories will appear alphabetically.
- Ask your Department Head if Excluding from Calculation or Drop Lower Score is required for this category.
When you are done, click on Save in the lower right corner.
6. Review and Close
Your category should be visible on the list now.
Click on Close in the lower right corner to finish.